Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 5 in MTC

Hey Dad,
     How are you doing? The best part of the MTC is easily the people. I love my zone and my district. Some nights we stay up and just talk about home and our lives before the MTC and we are all super close. I feel like I've known these guys for years and they're like my best friends. Three of em have really good voices and we will all sing songs we used to listen to all the time at night, ACDC, Red hot chili peppers, Elder Wall can sing Frank Sinatra to a T and its awesome. Maroon five everything its really nice at times when we cant go to sleep and we just stay up and have jam sessions. Elder Wall lined me up with a job already for when I get back, his dad owns a pharmaceutical company in provo and said he would hire me and we would work together. Good pay too. A bunch of us have been talking about BYU after our missions and rooming together and the idea right now is that we are all going to work until the winter semester.and then all go in on something together.  I don't know, its a nice idea. We'll see what happens in 22 months.Im excited to leave, we get our flight plans today at some point I think and we are allowed to call home during our layovers and wait time while traveling.I cant wait to talk to you guys to. I started making a list of some of the things that I need too, I didn't think I would but from all I've been hearing about Tonga and the culture it would be difficult without some of them. Well, to start everything in Tonga is basically hand made and so Ive got a fat chance of finding some items, and they don't care if you come with extra stuff in your luggage, the last group of Tongans left with tonssss of stuff and they are fine from what I hear in their emails. Also my jump rope? And an ab roller? And I found out the other day that we're allowed to have our own iPads so long as we restrict them to emails and camera and notes and stuff like that. If you could send me my ipad that would honestly be the best thing ever, I keep a really detailed journal and usually type a lot of it out to different people. it would be really nice to be able to keep all of those things in notes throughout the week and then on Pday I could just click send and not have to spend the whole time typing. I'd be able to email everybody I want to and say everything I want to. I never get enough time here. And I could send pictures to you guys more easily.That would just be awesome to have to be able to keep my thoughts on there and not have to type forever and be able to give everybody more personal emails. I hope you are doing well I love you Dad, and Im really grateful for you and all you've done for me my whole life. Weve talked a lot about our influences and biggest role models and what not getting to know everyone and I've always talked about you. I hope I can be like you someday.
I love you, Love Tay

Hey Mom,                              
     I miss you guys. The MTC is okay though. Being zone leader isn't hard. Im ready to leave though. We get our flight plans sometime today though actually which will be nice. The food in here is killing me. Those cliff bars and what not were divine. Thanks so much for those.
I made myself a pretty dang awesome looking chess set this week to, using coins and a sharpie and stuff its not that fun though cuz no one in the mtc is very good at chess so its not fun to play unless i play against myself. Those games are challenging.

I love you mom. I miss you a bunch. I hope you are having fun working with your sisters in OKlahoma. Glad you are having a great time over there with them. Dont get too crazy.

Love Tay


P.S. We just got our flight plans they're crazy I have an hour flight to LA on the 4th at 5, then a three hour layover, then a fourteen hour flight to NZ where we arrive two days later on the sixth at 6. Then an 11 hour layover for our flight to Tonga at 5. Its going to be a crazy couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment