Saturday, October 3, 2015

Week 6 in MTC , Flying out Sunday!

Hey Mom and Dad,

How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. I’m learning a lot and
doing well. Thank you so much for sending everything that you sent to me,
and for everything that you’ve done for me its been really great. And I’m really grateful.

I’ve been really into my scriptures lately. It’s amazing what you can figure out using all of the footnotes and with a little history knowledge. For example, I realized earlier this week how Churchill and Truman fulfilled one of Nephi's prophecies when they sent the Jews back to Jerusalem after WW2. And Isaiah is loaded with stuff for us. My scripture margins look like a coloring book its awesome, every page I’ve read is full of stuff that isn’t evident in the text unless you think about it. It’s really cool. I’ve also been trying to learn more about the nature of God/s this past week in the Book of Mormon and what not. And their are lots of things that lead me to think of a new idea. How spirit matter is finer than regular matter and stuff and such and just a ton of stuff about how God works and all. Anyway I think that before we came to earth we didn’t even know what a body was like, I think physical things may have been beyond our realm of understanding because I think maybe spirits/ intelligences might be two dimensional in nature. I think we knew perhaps the general concept and all and that it was necessary to become like God, but I think we really didn’t have a clue what it would be like (trying to grasp the idea that time neither started nor runs continuously but is ever present, we can’t wrap our minds around it). And I think that a large part of progression might be moving up to higher and higher dimensions. Its pretty clear that the Savior and God operate in a higher dimension. I don’t know, I just thought it was really cool to think about how wandering intelligences could have existed in a two dimensional nature and that we had no idea what this would be like and just took a leap of faith. The scriptures are great.

I can’t wait to call you, and let you know everything that’s been going on here on Sunday! I’m learning a ton and having a pretty good time. I can’t wait to get to Tonga though. I am excited to serve and experience the culture.

I love you.

Love, Tay

Me and X in front of the Provo Temple


1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed at all the things Taylor is learning, not surprised, just amazed. I certainly am proud of him and love him so much! What a great picture of Xavier and Tay in front of the temple. That is so much fun that they are able to share this experience! Can't wait to hear what happens next!

    ReplyDelete