Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 1 cont'd


Dear Brother and Sister Despain,
Your son, Elder Taylor James DeSpain, arrived in Tonga in good spirits on 06 Oct 2015.  My wife and I greeted him at the airport and took him to our home along with the other new missionaries.  After a healthy dinner, a great interview, and an orientation about all aspects of the mission, we put him right to work.  We are excited to have him here to teach these wonderful people.  Enclosed is a picture of us taken with him after he arrived.
I ask that you please not call your missionary, as it is a distraction to them. They will be able to call you twice during the year, on Mother's Day and at Christmas. I would encourage you, however, to write them each week, as they enjoy hearing from you.
Elder DeSpain will do well and has already caught the spirit of this great work.  I am sure his mission will be a great testimony-building experience for him.  We are very happy to have your son serving here in the Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission and will do all we can to help him progress in the work of the Lord.  If there is ever anything you would like to discuss with me, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sincerely,

Leitoni M. Tupou, President

 Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment