Sunday, October 18, 2015

Week 2 on the Island of Eua

Hey guys,

I am doing a lot better this week. The language is coming a lot easier
and I am able to share and understand a lot more. The hardest part
about the language is that everyone talks so dang fast and slurs all
of their words.

I washed my laundry with a bucket this morning and am still showering
with one to. The poverty here is insane. I've only eaten three meals
not sitting on dirt or covered dirt floors. It's pretty crazy.

I wish I could tell you guys more, I've been keeping that journal on my
phone and it has sooo much information. But I'm not going to be able to
get that to you guys until two weeks. I hope all is well.

Glad to hear dad is getting some offers and isnt so stressed. I've been
praying for him. Its really hard being away from everyone and not
being able to do what I want to with who I want to. But I am okay. I'm
doing a lot better this week.

The work is slow. There are 5000 people on this island and 2500 are
members. The missionaries have literally been to everyone thats not a
member before, and they all really just dont want to here from us. We
do have two investigators we are working with though.

I've gotten like a thousand emails this week its nuts.

How is everyone? How are Hogan and Luke and Jack? I hope they are all
doing well.

I hope it is okay with you guys if I talk about all of the experiences
in my journal to you guys each month. Its really hard to try and
remember everyhting off of the top of my head right now.

I've read 250 or so pages in the Book of Mormon since I started my last
two weeks in the mtc and every page looks like a textbook now with my
own writings. Thats cool.

I'm still getting used to things and all but I'm doing better. Still
missing you guys and Nat a ton. Its hard

Love you both and everyone else so much. I'm going to try and get back
to as many people as possible now that wrote me that probably won't
again for a while.

Glad to hear you are keeping up a good blog to mom!

Love you guys. I'll try and send some pictures in a little while

Love Tay



1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you are doing better!! Keep up the good work!! Blessings will come your way.

    ReplyDelete