Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Week 59 I've arrived in Nomuka

District Conference in Hafeva before all departing to their individual islands.

Hey everybody,
     I am alive, this is me, well, it's really not me, it's Elder Enos. I'm talking to him on the phone and I'm on a tiny island with no internet. I'm having Elder Enos read and respond to the emails for me because he's a nice guy (he said it folks. I'm just typing what he says). Elder Enos read to me all your guys' emails and it was good to hear from you guys. 
    This past week has been crazy. I flew out to Ha'apai this past Thursday then took a boat to Hafeva that night, which was a three hour boat ride. Then we stayed the night in Hafeva and then stayed there for a district conference this past weekend. President Tui'one and his family came and we all hung out together, which was fun. President and them are awesome. Yesterday after the conference ended we got on a tiny little wooden boat about the size of our suburban, but perhaps a little longer. Then we sailed for nearly three hours across the ocean until we landed in Nomuka. It was probably one of the most exhilarating things I've ever done. The boat would go up and down twenty feet, depending on the waves. We got pretty wet. I also got the worst sunburn of my entire life. My arms and face look like they were painted red...
    We got there. The water wasn't running, and the MQ was filthy. We pretty much unpacked and went around the island, and visited our Branch President. The island is super super tiny and I think there's less people here than in Tongamama'o. 
    I was really happy to hear your guy's emails. I hope you guys keep emailing each week. It kinda stinks that I can't email, but I'm glad Enos is willing to help me out. 
    There is one store here. I'm pretty sure it has only three things...toilet paper, toothpaste, and dish soap. So it's kind of cool to be...cast away. We'll see how it turns out. but we're doing well. Love all you guys. Can't wait to hear more next week. I'll ask Enos to see if he can do the same next week. 

    Ofa lahi atu kiate kimoutolu.

                Love, Tay





No comments:

Post a Comment