Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 40 in Tonga


Hey Everybody,

This week has been fun. Bunch of really good lessons and so on.

On monday Elder Enos was able to save my flashdrive. A virus got downloaded onto it the week before from a members computer, and seemingly deleted all nine gigs of my videos and photos from the beginning of my mission. So I was super pumped to get all of those back, and super lucky to have an elder in my vahe that knows how to open up flashdrives with fancy coding computer stuff. So that was awesome. On tuesday we had a bunch of appointments fall through, but one of them was a teaching at the tongan sports hall of fame. Olympic medals and trophies from international tournaments all over the place. The cool thing though, was that Tongans I guess either don't understand the value of these items, or don't care, and so everything was left out in the open, no locks, no security, no anything. Literally an open building with no people and all of these medals just lying on shelves. 2008 Beijing Olympic Bronze medals.... You could say I was more than a little tempted to put one in my bag. I met the new mission President on Wednesday, and he's awesome. Super cool guy. 




On thursday I went on a vilo hoa with Pritt, and we found the Tongan national boxing team practicing behind the hall of fame building. So we taught the entire team for maybe thirty minutes. At the end the coach got up and thanked us profusely, with many tears haha. It was really cool. They left on saturday to go and represent Tonga in Fiji. 

On saturday we walked to the far end of our area called mata ki eua. You're supposed to be able to see my home island of Eua from there, but thats not true. However, the prince's palace is right there, and so we walked up to the side and got a good close look. I didn't think we were supposed to be there though, trespassing maybe, so we left quickly. That was cool though. 


Yesterday was pretty crazy too. The zones called and told me that I'm going to be moving to Hihifo to be the zone leader there... I just got to Tofoa, just started to get the ward excited with some new ideas and programs, got a bunch of new people to teach, some really cool investigators, and now, right as things look to really be taking off, Im leaving. Great.... Being a zone leader and having a car will be fun though. And my bro Elder Moala is in my new zone, and so is Sister Betteridge from Eua, so it will be good to see them again. Crazy week.

Love all of you guys, and hope you are all doing super well! 

Ofa Atu ka moutolu, Elder DeSpain


Elder Hau and I have lots of fun, going to miss him.




On our walk to see Eua from this Island, which is not possible


No comments:

Post a Comment