Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Week 48 in Tonga

Hey guys, going to make this quick because we're trying to hurry to go play some beach volley, but here's a brief explanation of what went down this week. 

Monday:  We went to Ha'alalo for the zone pday we set up, and ate dog over there. Delicious. Everyone loved that.

Tuesday: District meetings, district meetings, district meetings. Then we stopped in on Ha'alalos district meeting and found prez and sister Tui'one were in on it over there. That was great, after the meeting sister Tuione took the sisters to get food and we took prez back to the office. Haha I love prez. He is funny. I asked him about going on vilo hoa's with the kau tau (non DLs) and he just said "ko koe e lava ke ma'u fkha ki ho'o souni, faiteliha pe koe" I love prez. He said we should do whatever we think would be best. He's awesome, he spent an hour talking to church membership service center thing in tongan trying to figure out a membership number for our recent convert so that they can go to the temple. Then some "senior missionary named Elder Phelps" called and said that my visa didnt go through, I called Lisiate out on it in like five minutes though and then the office elders all started laughing. Thought I heard President lauging in the background too.

Wednesday: Woke up and drove to Nukunuku to play basketball for exercise with those elders. Good time. Ran out of phone credit so Elder Enos became our zone secretary for fafanga haha. Found out that the customs charge took fifty pa'anga out of my ninety pa'anga msf., whatever haha. Office trips for zone with gardner and pakalani to storage. Haha found out that pakalani can make his voice sound exactly the same as presidents and that he fooled me on the phone a couple times apparently when I thought I was talking to prez. Love those guys. Lots of new investigators be simply calling out "Sione! Sione!" on the road until someone told us where Sione was. Or "oh wei ikai ko sione ia?! ko Pita ene hingoa?...Pita! Pita!" found ya hahaha. Planning seems to always take us an hour until everything is full. 

Thursday:  Met a deportee who is really funny. Had a great lesson with our investigator named Nancy, it was awesome. I taught things that I didnt even understand until they came out of my mouth. I learned more about baptism and its dependency on the atonement in that lesson than I ever understood before or even thought about, and I was the one that taught it. Really cool. Left the lesson and was like "what the heck just happened, all of that stuff is true, but I never even knew that before" cool experience. Also an awesome family home evening with a siasi tonga family. Super awesome. Miss Eua so much. Brown and Mahe treated us to mint chocolate chip icecream before our vilo hoa because of my year mark. That was fun

Friday: Awesome Vilo Hoa with Elder Brown. So many great discussions about cool doctrinal things. Learned a lot, and thought about a ton of really cool things. Great day. Brown told me that one thing he learned is that he needs to plan better. Successful vilo. 

Saturday: Fasts. Decided I'm going to name one of my kids after one of the member kids here. Siope. He's probably the coolest, most mature, most helping, awesome fifteen year old kid I know. He made fafanga for us this morning and vilo hoa'd with us all day saturday. Such an awesome kid. Want my son to be like him. Leki does a hecka good job raising kids. Leki is the coolest ward mission leader ever.  Found out we will be having zone conference next week from the APs. Funny, I've been out over a year now, and my first zone conference will be one that I'm likely conducting. 

Sunday: Had probably the best lesson 1 teaching of my entire mission during church. It was awesome. Met with stake presidents and had a meeting with all of them and the bishops in the te'ekiu stake and proposed to them a new missionary program for the stake, which they agreed upon and gave us dates for us to distribute to the missionaries to be a part of. That was cool. The Te'ekiu stake president is awesome. Probably my favorite stake president to work with so far, and I never thought I'd say that cuz of prez Ma'u, but P. Langi is the man. Good week. 

So many more things happened than that but overall it was a great week. Went by so fast. 

Love you guys, Tay

Eating dog on our p-day. 

Another awesome sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment